Re: Problem with NSColorWell

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Problem with NSColorWell
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:53:28 +0000

On 23 Jan 2011, at 19:43, Philippe Roussel wrote:

> With libobjc2 and gnustep from trunk I'm getting the following error
> when clicking on a NSColorWell :
>
> Objective-C runtime error.  Loading two versions of GSColorSliderCell

Interesting.  This error is generated when you load two versions of the same
class, outside of developer mode.  It's possible that you're actually loading
the same version of the code twice, but NSBundle should be preventing this.  As
far as I can tell, there is only one definition of GSColorSliderCell, so this
error is a bit strange (and may be a libobjc2 bug) - can you check in a
debugger whether the GSColorSliderCell class is loaded before you click on an
NSColorWell?

You won't see this problem with old libobjc2 (including the 1.1 release)
because, like GCC libobjc, it just replaces the old version with the new
version and lets you deal with the potential memory corruption later.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11