Recent change of -stringByStandardizingPath

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Recent change of -stringByStandardizingPath
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:53:22 +0100

Hi,

I understand that the recent change to omit calling - stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath in -stringByStandardizingPath was necessary for OS X compatibility. However, this change has seriously broken NSBundle. Since this change it is no longer possible to start applications through the symlink in the tools directory, as they no longer find their bundles. Replacing every call to - stringByStandardizingPath with -stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath in NSBundle seems to solve this issue. Other places where - stringByStandardizingPath is used might be affected as well.

BTW, does -stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath standardize the path? According to my cursory reading of Apple's docs it should, but I didn't have a look at the code.

Wolfgang