Re: Desktop file generated with wrong path ?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Desktop file generated with wrong path ?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:13:35 -0500

This is my fault and it's a bug I need to address.

The issue was that the .desktop file was being generated prior to my change completely wrong and was absolutely useless in the first place as it was being generated assuming that the .desktop file would live in the .app directory and would use relative paths.  Unfortunately, this is not how GNOME works.   It appears, oddly, that GNOME requires absolute paths to everything, the icon, the executable, etc...

I need to derive the path in another way which points to the correct location and submit that fix.   It may indeed be possible that it will never be entirely possible to generate this file automatically and have it actually work (and NO... it wasn't working as it was before). ;)

GC