Re: Anyone is digging DBus Menu?

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Anyone is digging DBus Menu?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:05:53 +0000

Am 30.04.2011 um 06:39 schrieb Banlu Kemiyatorn:

> Hi, I am quickly looking at Ubuntu Unity Application menu
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu) wonder
> if anyone is working on this.
> Do we have dbusmenu built around DBusKit? Niels?

It is definitely on my todo list. Creating a  class that implement the NSMenu
interfaces and talk to a D-Bus menu server internally should be quite easy with
DBusKit at its present state. I'm more interested in the reverse, i.e. allowing
QT and GTK applications to display their menus on (e.g.) the Étoilé menuserver.
But for that, DBusKit needs to have support for exposing objects on D-Bus
(which it doesn't, yet).

Cheers,

Niels