Re: GNUstep Code Freeze

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: GNUstep Code Freeze
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:16:26 -0600

Yeah, sorry, forgot to add all that stuff.  This is on OpenSUSE 12.1, 32-bit.  The steps I took were:

./configure
make debug=yes
make check

I thought the failure was strange, too.  I guess I should mention that I did not do a 'make install' and the installed version of base is from a few months back.  If this could be a problem, I can uninstall base and rerun the tests when I get home.

Stef

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

On 31 Jan 2012, at 02:48, Stefan Bidi wrote:

> I just got around to running the base tests on my machine.  It had been a while since I messed with them, so I don't know if there is anything different here.
>
> Of interest is:
> base/NSBundle/general.m:
> Failed test:         general.m:37 ... -classNamed returns the correct class

That shouldn't happen ... I'd like to know why it happened if possible ... what system/software was being used and how the test was run?

> base/NSObject/initialize.m:
> Failed test:       initialize.m:222 ... inherited +initialize is called automatically

This shouldn't be a failure since it's expected behavior for the traditional GNU runtime ... I've fixed the test to reflect that.