Re: open source but closed community?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: open source but closed community?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:45:05 +0000

On 11 Feb 2012, at 21:13, Pirmin Braun wrote:

> After being a long time user of GNUstep, for 2012 I've planned to become a
> GNUstep contributor. So I started early this year by asking for wiki write
> access. Lots of information there is wrong or outdated or misleading. Also I
> wanted to communicate about FOSDEM, maybe give a talk and eventually
> contribute GNUstep software. But nobody answered my mails to the webmaster.
> Now I'm a little clueless. What am I expected to do?

I'm afraid I don't know who administers the wiki .... I asked for, and got,
write access quite quickly, but that was several years ago.  It's possible that
the administrator is no longer very active (or possibly your email just got
overlooked ,,, that can easily happen).
Probably asking on the developer and discussion mailing lists are the best
thing to do ... whoever has admin access to the wiki may see your email, or
someone who knows that person may see it and get in touch with them.