Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34642 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenu.m

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r34642 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenu.m
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:09:20 +0100

Hi Fred,

Author: fredkiefer
Date: Thu Jan 26 23:38:50 2012
New Revision: 34642

Log:
* Source/NSMenu.m (-performActionForItemAtIndex:): Check for the
popup button cell and its action, before checking for the item
action. This caused a problem due to NIB decoding changes.

Modified:
     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSMenu.m

I don't known what problem you attempted to fix here, but I had to revert your
change as it breaks OS X compatibility (and at least one of my programs :-).
Any action set on a menu item should always get precedence over the pop up
button's action. I also found another issue that -_popUpItemAction: was using
the wrong sender (it was using the pop up button cell rather than the pop up
button itself). Maybe this already fixes your problem?

At the moment I cannot use the old test code as base now raises an exception when key decoding an NSAffineTransform. I will try to get this fixed and report back, whether your change broke these tests.