Re: On linux too (was Re: Base compilation broken on NetBSD)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: On linux too (was Re: Base compilation broken on NetBSD)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:06:03 +0000

On 2 Nov 2012, at 09:00, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> Unfortunately, I read that we can't use _GLIBC_ because other libc
> implementations define that in order to pretend that they are glibc!

You also, unfortunately, can't use it at include time because it's defined in a
header and not by the compiler, so it isn't defined until after you include
something from glibc, and by this time glibc has defined a load of internal
macros based on the standards macros that you define.  You'd need a configure
script that checked for glibc and defined something in common.h for glibc.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620