Re: Heads up: CMake build system for libobjc

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Heads up: CMake build system for libobjc
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:00:31 +0000

On 13 Dec 2012, at 13:54, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> It has the rather obvious problem that it doesn't run because there's no
> cmake on any of the systems I use.
> I guess that would be an issue for the vast majority of our users.

Given that CMake is the standard build system for a number of large and popular
projects, including  LLVM and KDE, and is available for every platform that we
support (and a number that we don't), I don't think that this is exactly a
serious limitation.  I don't know of any system except Windows and OS X that
don't have it in their standard package repositories, and these systems do have
it as an easy-to-install download.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II