Re: 64bit GNUstep Was: Problem with Cenon

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: 64bit GNUstep Was: Problem with Cenon
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:16:55 +0100

On 26.01.2013 19:51, David Chisnall wrote:
On 26 Jan 2013, at 18:05, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Any volunteers to help with that? It is too much work for one alone...

Yes, absolutely.  Do you want to give me a list of classes to look at, or shall
I just go through the ones that had errors that I saw?

Hi David,

if there are known issue you should address them first. Next we have to go through all the classes. I hope that I did address most of the NSInteger problem in the classes I changed for the big commit on 2011-12-17. But even those need to be checked again. Normally when a big rework is needed I start alphabetically down from "Function", what about doing it the other way round this time and start at "NSWorkspace"? You will notice along that way that some changes need to be done immediately in other classes as well to keep the code compiling without warnings. I would suggest that we don't replace every "int" with NSInteger. We need to fix stuff that is used for fixed sized types (mostly in coding) and I would leave local variables such as loop counters in that type. But most of the rest should be changed over to NSInteger and NSUInteger. And to be careful which of these types to use :-)

I will see from the change log, which classes you are working on and work on different ones myself. And if more coders join in, we could send out blocks of 10 classes each that we intend to work on next.

Fred