Re: Android NDK - libobjc2

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Android NDK - libobjc2
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:00:22 +0100

Hi Ivan,

On 08.03.2013 22:39CET Ivan Vučica wrote:

> PS: David, you said [1] you've built portions of GNUstep for webOS, and
> did some work on getting the configure tests to pass. Have you recently
> tried cross-compiling an elementary build of GNUstep -- just elementary
> features of Make and Base, with as little external dependencies as
> possible? If so, can you share a few details about that? Maybe it's
> reusable for Android as well.

I went through the configure script last fall and tweaked it a bit to be
more cross-compile friendly. It should in theory load all the values it
would otherwise check by AC_TRY_RUN OR AC_RUN_IFELSE from cross.config.
Unfortunately, I didn't try whether that's still true for quite a while.
You just have to give it a go once you get libobjc2 up and running...

Cheers,

Niels