Re: Position of I-beam cursor

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Position of I-beam cursor
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 11:25:56 -0600

On 2013-05-26 03:49:15 -0600 Wolfgang Lux <address@hidden> wrote:

> Germán Arias wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I want implement autocomplete for textview. So I need
>> know where to display the window with autocomplete suggestions.
>
> I don't understand why you need to know the position of the mouse cursor for
> that. I think you should present the window at the place where the completed
> text appears.
>
> Wolfgang

Not the mouse cursor, is the i-beam cursor. I don't have a Mac to see how
this works under Cocoa. But, for example, in this image:

http://www.creativetechs.com/iq/tip_images/OSX-Autocomplete.png

I imagine the window appears under the word you are typing. So, I need
know where is typing the user.

Germán.