Re: How to correctly determine a small object?

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: How to correctly determine a small object?
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 16:10:12 +0800

I am sort of looking at a microkernel design - inside the kernel there are only 2 drivers: tmpfs (implemented on top of NSDictionary and NSData) and tar (on top of NSArray and NSData) to make initramfs (which is a simple tar archive of all pre-filesystem kexts and services) work, and everything else must be loaded from kexts that is written in Objective-C. And, the kexts are minimal too - character mode video driver and hardware abstraction layer (that is, it enumerates all hardware in [[OSKernel extensionWithName:OSHALExtensionName] PCIDevices] and all other drivers, even including root filesystem drivers as FUSE, run in user mode.)

Scheduler is built to support libdispatch and threads are actually dispatch queues. IPC is built with Distributed Objects in mind.

在 2013-6-9,下午3:11,Graham Lee <address@hidden> 写道:

And as soon as I'd sent that, I remembered reading about a kernel Objective-C implementation on Linux. Here it is:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/piprg/wiki/index.php?title=KCSP_an_Environment_for_Component_Based_Development_of_Linux_Kernel_Code

Graham.

Sent from my bed