Re: FreeBSD 9.1 missing libcxxrt - is it needed for objc2?

From: Frank Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 9.1 missing libcxxrt - is it needed for objc2?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:45:06 -0400

This worked.  I followed your advice back from

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2012-May/067645.html

and ran make and make install for libcxxrt and libc++.  Then ran the install steps again with targets in the basejail.

After a few more ports installs, the objc2, gnustep-make and gnustep-base all built and installed.

This is great.  Thanks for all the help.

I also ran the 'make check' for -base and only 5 tests failed.  Four from NSCalendarDate and one from NSTimeZone.  7903 tests passed.

So to recap the answer for the first question on this thread.  Yes, the libcxxrt library is needed in a clean FreeBSD 9.1.  libcxxrt and libc++ can be built following David's instructions in the above link.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
On 13 Jun 2013, at 01:25, Frank Rehwinkel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've put MK_LIBCPLUSPLUS = yes in /etc/make.conf now.

This should be WITH_LIBCPLUSPLUS, I believe, and should go in src.conf.  See man src.conf for more information.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA