Re: WWDC 2013: Apple disclosed their pointer tagging implementation.

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: WWDC 2013: Apple disclosed their pointer tagging implementation.
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:30:56 +0800

I think the latest version of CFLite is in APSL v2 which is FSF approved.

On Jun 16, 2013, at 18:30, Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

I stand corrected. My apologies. As I recall they are incompatible because there is a clause in the apsl which allows apple to revoke your right to use the code.

On Sunday, June 16, 2013, David Chisnall wrote:
On 15 Jun 2013, at 22:25, Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

> The licenses are compatible so it's okay.

CFLite is APSL, which is not compatible with the GPL (v2, not sure about v3, but I don't think so) and can not be added to an LGPL project without changing the license.

David

--
Gregory Casamento
(240)274-9630 (Cell)