Re: int vs. void pointer

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: int vs. void pointer
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:49:17 +0100

Am 05.01.2014 23:23, schrieb Stefan Bidi:
> I don't know of any platform where an int is larger than a pointer

Still no reason to do things wrongly. Ints and pointers are simply two
differenty types of data. Mixing them is asking for trouble.

In case this methods intends to give what its name promises (an
identifier), void* is simply the wrong return type. In case its intended
to return a pointer to a window data structure, the method is
unfortunately named.

Sorry for chiming in here, I spend some 50% of my coding life with
fixing sloppy coding practices.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter