Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Intermediate Summary: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 19:53:51 -0500

Riccardo,

They may be crap to you, but they are in common usage and this deserve our support.  The attitude you display towards them is at once non-productive and not conducive to attracting developers.  They are your opinions, not facts.

You forget when you say things such as the forgoing that the entire point of a programming languages is to build programs as effectively and efficiently as possible.  Calling developers lazy because the want to use ARC or other features of objc 2.0 is like calling C programmers lazy because they don't want to use assembler.   O_o

To the point Ivan was discussing objc 2.0 is the most recognized name which we can use, but it's important to remember to say "the objective c 2.0 language" since "objective-c" itself is trademarked. :/

Thanks,
GC