Table view bug?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Table view bug?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:14:21 -0800

Hi,

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with NSTableView.  My table column is editable
and my delegate's -tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row: returns a string.
I can then click on the string and edit it and everything works as expected.
If, however, the delegate returns either the empty string (@"") or nil, then it
usually doesn't let me edit it.  When I double click, the field editor appears,
but I can't type into it.  Sometimes it appears and I can type into it, but it
loses the first character (or, sometimes, the first character that I type with
shift pressed).

I've now worked around it by returning @" " when I want an empty, editable,
field, but I'd appreciate it if someone who understands the NSTableView /
NSCell code could take a look.

On an unrelated note, it's increasingly difficult to share nib/xib files with
OS X, since we don't support the new format, and XCode defaults to using (the
quite confusing) layout constraints mechanism instead of the comprehensible
one, and so even with the new format we can't load xibs that use
NSLayoutConstraint, which apparently uses this (LGPL) constraint solver:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/constraints/cassowary/

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620