Re: corebase runloop integration

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: corebase runloop integration
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 22:54:57 +0100

On 02/03/2014 10:10 PM, Stefan Bidi wrote:
> I really appreciate the work you're doing on corebase.  I really haven't
> had any time to do anything recently, but I have been keeping up with
> your changes.
>
> Personally, what I would like to see is an agglomeration of all the
> related projects.  For example, why can't the corenetwork library be
> brought into corebase?  No reason why these 2 libraries are split.

The project's directory had already been created when I started working
on it. But possibly only because they're separate on OS X.

> To answer your question, I think that sounds fine, but why not just
> override NSRunLoop's designated initializer and just return NSCFRunLoop
> (or whatever you want to call it)?  Wouldn't that be easier than
> checking for a symbol?  Or am I missing something?

Well... method swizzling is considered "ugly" and overriding via
categories is "not guaranteed to work". At least that's what I've heard
when I examined such possibilities for other stuff.

--
Luboš Doležel