Re: compiling libobjc-2.0 and gnustep on Ubuntu 14.04

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: compiling libobjc-2.0 and gnustep on Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 18:53:00 +0100

On 31 May 2015, at 19:50, allynm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Patryk, Richard, and David,
>
> Tried David's -DLLVM_OPTS=false fix and it didn't work.  I've gone back and
> downloaded fresh versions of llvm/clang and libobjc2 from trunk locations.
> In the middle of compiling LLVM.  So slow…

If you grab libobjc2 from here:

https://github.com/davidchisnall/libobjc2

The bug with llvm-config detection is fixed and it will just disable LLVM opts
for you if it can’t find a compatible LLVM.  Please don’t try to build an old
LLVM just to be able to build the LLVM opts - you almost certainly don’t want
to use them.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11