Re: [swift-corelibs-dev] [swift-evolution] Proposal: Swift Open Source P

From: Jacob Bandes-Storch
Subject: Re: [swift-corelibs-dev] [swift-evolution] Proposal: Swift Open Source Project and Foundation replacements
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 14:37:08 -0800

Thanks, Tony.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Tony Parker <address@hidden> wrote:
It’s tricky stuff, and the goal is to get it as standards compliant as possible. If we use this implementation for all Swift clients then we can get a consistent answer everywhere - and even better, fix bugs everywhere at the same time.

Agreed. I look forward to it :)  I'm just concerned that users will expect behavior to exactly match their equivalent Obj-C code. If these bugs are fixed / APIs are refined in corelibs-foundation, that expectation might be broken.

So if you find some of the interface confusing (or wrong), then file a bug for us at bugs.swift.org. We can take this opportunity to try to make it better for everyone.

Will do!