Re: crash when using local display but not remote

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: crash when using local display but not remote
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 12:50:09 +0100

Hi Fred!

On 07/02/2020 10:20, Fred Kiefer wrote:
I just committed a merge of the two approaches (plus a few compiler warning
fixes). I hope this should fix Riccardo's issues. It might also be slightly
faster as I removed the copy before the colour swap. At least the swapColor
function now does what the comment above it claims:-)

Thanks for the work and analysis. Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me.

I grabbed latest trunk it contains your commit plus a later merge+commit by Sergii.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that this is not a "DirectColor" display but a "TrueColor" display? I remember reading a comment by you that indexed color would not work.

This small display is TrueColor 16 planes.

Or does indexedColor for you means old 256 color - 8 bit? I hope we did not break that too, for old machines :-P

RIccardo