Re: Building GNUstep for Windows using Clang

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Building GNUstep for Windows using Clang
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 21:44:41 -0400

I will try to reproduce with gcc.  Then I will see if I can get clang working.   I would very much like to get clang working.  It would be nice if there were a prebuilt package.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 7:40 PM Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Frederik Seiffert wrote:

>> http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Installation_MSYS2
>

> Thank you Riccardo! I’ll follow along and will gladly test
> instructions here.

I just complteted to my best. By writing this tutorial I was finally
able to replicate the setup I had once runnign at work also on my
personal system. I failed previously!

I got "Ink" working.
Unfortunately other problems exist. E.g. jpeg images are not loaded,
network connections do not work.
(All this worked in our old, classinc mingw setup)

Maybe you want to try your luck with gcc and objc-1 first to see if then
everything works and then start working on clang?

Riccardo

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/