Re: Changelog and git log hygiene

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Changelog and git log hygiene
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 10:44:49 +0200

Hi Ivan

Ivan Vučica wrote:

> Is this a fix? Is this a security fix? Is this just a part of a
> security fix? Or is this a new feature? Or is this a portion of a new
> feature? Has this skeleton implementation been finished before this
> release -- how do we announce the work done? "Implemented" or "stubbed
> out"?

Yes... I think sometimes we should better commti lines, especially about
stubs, half implementations, full implementations. Fixes vs features. I
found this issue too lately while sometimes skimming for changes and bug
hunting.

> Either everyone please agree to keep a journal in ChangeLog file, or
> another change log; or consistently write about large chunks of code
> you wrote (e.g. NSOrderedSet as one entry of 3 sentences rather than
> 30 commits without anything related among them) so we can put them in
> release notes.

this short line you wrote quite well matches the longer description I
proposed in my last mail, I think

Riccardo