Re: GNUstep releases this month?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep releases this month?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:30:33 +0100

> Am 20.01.2021 um 17:08 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>> I think the base library is functionally OK, but I need to get ChangeLog
>> updated from the git logs, and it turns out there is no tool that does a
>> good job of this so it may take me a day or two.
>
> I found a bug some days ago - on SPARC (32bit & 64bit) but only there
> (?) all GUI colors appear inverted between Black and White... so
> controls have white borders. Text may be white or even transparent, but
> only in controls.
> Using the colorpicker shows that all colors are correct.
>
> I am in the progress of upgrading a second computer which was last
> updated Sempter 2020 and had no issue. Just updating base brought up the
> issue: this means it is not gui/back but base.
>

> Most probably, it comes down to some parsing of the color strings
> property list.
>
> I will try to bisect - but I'd liek to track this down before a release,
> especially knowing it is something done these last months.

If this is really a recent bug, not something that went unnoticed for years as
nobody uses SPARC processors any more, than the only possible change would be
the float parsing change that Richard just made. No idea why this would fail on
something as simple as „1“ or „0“ but this is SPARC specific so you probably
should start of by using the test suit of base on that machine.

Hope this helps,
Fred