Base - color pparsing bug - Was: [Re: GNUstep releases this month?]

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Base - color pparsing bug - Was: [Re: GNUstep releases this month?]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:13:38 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
>> I will try to bisect - but I'd liek to track this down before a release,
>> especially knowing it is something done these last months.
> If this is really a recent bug, not something that went unnoticed for years
> as nobody uses SPARC processors any more, than the only possible change would
> be the float parsing change that Richard just made. No idea why this would
> fail on something as simple as „1“ or „0“ but this is SPARC specific so you
> probably should start of by using the test suit of base on that machine.

Yes... I confirm it is a recent commit and I tracked it down to this commit:

r23416 | richard.frith.macdonald | 2020-12-30 12:58:19 +0100 (Wed, 30
Dec 2020) | 2 lines

Remove internal GSScanInt and GSScanDouble functions after moving
functionality into the -scanDouble: method.  Add private class method to
support scanning a string for a double without having to create a new
scanner each time (use a shared lock-protected, instance with resetting
of the string being scanned).

before this, all color look fine.

I'm running the tests to see if some specific failed tests can be
identified ... but apparently they run sequentially on only one CPU and
it takes hours....

Anyway having an exact commit is also a good start.

Riccardo