Re: GNUstep releases this month?

From: Frederik Seiffert
Subject: Re: GNUstep releases this month?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:43:52 +0100

Am 22.03.2021 um 19:03 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@frithmacdonald.me.uk>:

IIRC the standard/historic behavior is that an object can retain itself in the -dealloc method, to extend its own lifetime, and I guess that the singletons do that (I haven't checked).
I think that behavior changed for ARC, so it could be that the runtime is performing an ARC style deallocation when it should be calling NSDeallocateObject() (or something odd is going on in the NSDeallocateObject() function).

I’ve pushed a change in the following PR that fixes the test failure:
https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/pull/177/commits/e1e661286a6b9d717dc0312bed5f8b4b5e549d6f

Frederik