gnustep-webmasters

Re: Commant on GNUStep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Commant on GNUStep
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:46:12 -0700

Matjaz Mihelic wrote:

     >GNUstep Objectives

>The GNUstep Objectives describe the 'official' position regarding the direction and goals of GNUstep. GNUstep is a >cross-platform development environment for object-oriented tools and applications. Our primary objective is to maintain >support of GNUstep on GNU systems, UNIX systems, and other free operating systems.

??????
Ok, free systems. But on the other hand your future plans say that you're swaping optimized (for some systems) functions for some more generic that would perform on Windows as well as *X. Since when is Windows free? This would mean lowering performance of interface on acount of proprietary systems. But you can send me free Windows anyway

Well that's not true - we won't be sacrificing performance for portability. We think we have designed the system so that it is portable while still having the best performance on any platform (at least on X).

Hope you won't be insulted with my remark, it was ment more like observers angle and

No problem.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you