gnustep-webmasters

Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:13:43 +0000

On 2004-03-20 12:23:49 +0000 Wim Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:

* I just hacked the init script.  I do not know a lot about perl
  (which it is) and so this is probably not the /Right way/.

* It just seems a good idea to split the sidebar in a file of its own.
  But it introduce a dependency on the /cat/ program and it creates an
  an extra file to maintain.

cat is coreutils, IIRC, so probably fine, but you can replace with

open(SBAR,"<links.input");
close(SBAR);

I'm not sure that this is any more correct.

Sidebar is displaying incorrect text sizes here. Did you remove some style info?

We can probably generate these settings from the top directory's secondary.html.template file if we think about it hard enough. Something like:

open(TMPL,"<secondary.html.template");
$tmpl=join("",<TMPL>);
close(TMPL);
($T2H_EXTRA_HEAD,$T2H_PRE_BODY_OPEN,$T2H_PRE_BODY_CLOSE) =
($tmpl=~/<\/title>(.*)<\/head>.*<body>(.*<div id="main">).*(<\/div>.*)<\/body>/sm);

print $T2H_EXTRA_HEAD;

That's not robust, but no worse than what's there before. I still haven't documented the retemplater. secondary.html.template is one of its input files. For some reason, it's stuck up the mjr-2003 branch in CVS. I'll copy it to HEAD once I figure out the right way. Feel free to beat me to it.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden