gnustep-webmasters

Re: Contribution to GNUStep

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Contribution to GNUStep
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Umesh,

As long as that notice remains up in the GNU website, we're still looking. :)

As a GNU project, it is recommended for each member to sign an assignment to the FSF (since the project is owned by them).   You need to send an email to address@hidden requesting an assignment for GNUstep.

GNUstep currently needs work on the following areas:

Full Cocoa (not Carbon) Compatibility
Full Objective-C++ 2.0 Support
Garbage collection
RAD IDE (ProjectCenter is nearing completion, but needs work)
Full WebKit support
Full Linux, BSD, Windows and Mac OS portability
Themed and native (?) GUI widget support
(Certain Core* libraries, distinguished from Apple's)
OPENSTEP and Xcode Migration scripts

GNUstep is fairly complete at this point, but it does need the things mentioned above.   So there's plenty of work to dive into.

Later, GC
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer