Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:07:02 +0200

Mark Adams wrote:
On Jan 3, 2008 2:36 AM, Marc Haber <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm using gnutls 2.0.4 at present (this is the current debian testing
version). Is it possibly a known issue with this version? I can not
install the new version at present, as this is a production server. I
will be able to test this if you think it will correct the issue.

For reference, gnutls-serv and gnutl-client work with this cert/key
pair. I can run the server fine using;

gnutls-serv --debug 5 --x509keyfile myhost_net.key --x509certfile myhost_net.crt

And the client can connect using;

gnutls-cli -p 5556 mail.myhost.net

however, when using certtool -i < my key file failes with the base 64
decoding error.

This is normal. The -i parameter only reads certificates. You should use the -k option to parse the key. Do you use the same file to hold the key and the certificate? Also in your tests please use the -d 2 parameter to output more verbose information.

regards,
Nikos