build static version of gnutls?

From: kevin dankwardt
Subject: build static version of gnutls?
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 22:26:28 -0700

Hi I tried to disable dynamic and enable static for gnutls.

I eventually want to build it for a uCLinux target with no mmu so I can't
have a shared library.

To try and figure out more about the build, I tried building it on Centos
6.4 x86_64 to trace what was happening.

I got the source package, changed the configure in the spec file to say:
--disable-dynamic
--enable-static

and then tried to build with "rpm -bb".

I get the script that is attached. At the end it says "9 of 9 tests failed
Please report to address@hidden"

Are there other options I need to pass to configure? You can see in the attached file the options that are passed to the configure script. In the SPEC file I have:
configure --with-libtasn1-prefix=%{_prefix} \
           --with-included-libcfg \
           --enable-static \
           --disable-openssl-compatibility \
           --disable-srp-authentication \
           --disable-shared

But the attached file shows a lot more options are passed.

I need gnutls, btw, because I am working on building libimobiledevice.

Thanks a lot for info about building it static.

best regards,
Kevin Dankwardt
--
visit www.kcomputing.com for the best in Linux developer training.