gnuzilla-dev

Re: New help-gnuzilla list + integrating bug-gnuzilla with the GNU Bug T

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: New help-gnuzilla list + integrating bug-gnuzilla with the GNU Bug Tracker
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:03:44 -0500

bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

[...]
> ive not used any moderation tools on
> savannah; but i would expect there is a way
> to keep the bug tracker public; but to
> disable new posts, at least for unprivileged
> users

I just checked, and it does seem to be possible
to restrict creation of new items to project
members only while continuing allowing everyone
to comment on existing bugs.

If there are no objections over the next couple
of days, I will go ahead and set that option.
I’ll also open a new ‘bug’ with information on
how/where to report new bugs (i.e. by posting
to bug-gnuzilla, now integrated into the GNU
Bug Tracker and accessible via the link Mark
posted earlier in the thread).

> the other important thing to mind on savannah
> is the news feed - it would be good to post
> to that occasionally; even if that is the
> only webby feature of savannah that gets used
> - the planet-gnu website for one, aggregates
> the feeds of many GNU and related projects
>
> https://planet.gnu.org/

Agreed.  We will definitely announce the next
release of IceCat there once that’s done.