gnuzilla-dev

Re: Preliminary 'wip-78' branch pushed to Savannah.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Preliminary 'wip-78' branch pushed to Savannah.
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 09:07:19 -0400

Earlier, I wrote:

> * Google is the default search engine, despite the changes made in
>   "data/patches/default-search-duckduckgo.patch".

FYI, I pushed a fix for this problem to the 'wip-78' branch.

> * The privacy pane of <about:preferences>, which we attempt to augment
> with additional options, is completely broken and fails to render when
> selected.

This is still broken, but for now I've removed the patch that tries to
add the "IceCat-specific privacy settings" section.  I'll add it back
later.

> * Our bundled extensions aren't being recognized.

This is the most obvious remaining problem.

> Also, I've not yet researched whether there are additional anti-features
> in 78 that we will need to remove or mitigate, relative to version 68.

I've started work on this, but there's more to be done, and more eyes
would be especially helpful on this task.  Help welcome, as always.

       Mark