gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] A question...

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] A question...
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 01:55:10 +0200

Ciao Gian Paolo,

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:44:50 +0200
"Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Shall we continue with dynamic class loading mechanism or create a standard
> C-based library (without classes)?

Not to hassle you but, didn't we talk a long time ago about using shared
libraries in order to be as easy to use as possible from the monitoring app
developer point of view?

I think C/C++ coders should choose the dinamic library approach since it's
going to be somewhat easier to use than having to #include headers and stuff
like that. Also, as long as we don't change the shared library interface,
developers don't have to care about recompiling their stuff against the new
version of the library (I guess so, but I'm probably wrong).

In PHP, which is what Ramon is going to use, there's support for dlopen() and
such.

About Java, I think we need to create a jar package with a "native" Java
library with simple APIs which interface directly to our library using JNI
(Java Native Interface). I'd be glad to work on this.

Java programmers should then only put into their classpath our libgomd.jar and
start using the APIs provided in the archive/library jar file.

Ciao, Mirko.
--
If the above link doesn't work:
CLICK HERE 8018mfTK9-297CRZe5245iZnB5-394PfkW2319pRPG2-l4