gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] The carnivorous config bug

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] The carnivorous config bug
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:57:58 -0700

address@hidden said:
> One of the spurious failures will be the test for TIOCMWAIT.  That failure
> will force pps off.  Hilarity ensues if you're trying to fix PPS-related
> bugs.  I missed this for two days because the config lines tend to scroll
> out of view really fast.

How hard would it be to save the config lines and print them out again at the
bottom where somebody is likely to see them?

I'd even vote for an option to bail if there are any unexpected config
adjustments.  The idea being that you can embed "scons -whatever" in a script
where you fillin the whatever as appropriate for your environment and you
don't have to scan the output as carefully.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.