gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF IV on gpsmon

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF IV on gpsmon
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:40:28 -0500

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Can you be more specific about whjat yuou consider broken, so I can
> > put it in TODO to be fixed?
>
> I never use gpsmon, I was` just looking at it to see if the new PPS
> display worked.  Which I have never seen ork.

This continues to puzzle the crap out of me.  It's rock-solid here
on two different devices.

I have noticed that on a 24x80 window the PPS bars can sometimes be
difficult to spot because the visual cycle time beats with the packet
window height - they go by really fast and all that's visible is the
middle of the following report.  Try watching gpsmon run in a really
tall window, ideally one with enough height to display two entire
reporting cycles.

> My only concern is to get 'gpsctl -s' to work, without it my SiRF IV not
> useful.

I believe it's working in direct mode - if you know differently, tell me.
I'm going to try to get it working in client mode, that's the highest
priority item left on my pre-3.10 list.