gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon SiRF III

From: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon SiRF III
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:25:50 -0600

But he tried with mutt, and mutt probably doesn't speak ogg.
gerry

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

address@hidden said:
> Neither I nor my mutt MUA knows how to display the .ogv you included. When I
> try, some random video player comes up and promptly loses its shit because
> it's missing the required codec (at least I think that's what "GStreamer
> backednd error: Configured videosync video is not working" means).

I saved it to a file and fed it to my normal gif/png/jpeg display program.
That didn't work.  Then I remembered something about ogg and tried my web
browser.  That worked.  I'm running with a really really old version of
Firefox so I'm slightly surprized that you had troubles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogv

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.