gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon SiRF III

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon SiRF III
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:24:24 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:13:40 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Check that you have ogg support installed.
>
> I'm sure I do; I'm running Ubuntu.  I have two problems:
>
> (1) I don't know where mutt is getting its information on where to
> look for a video player.  Not from my .muttrc for sure. I would
> guess /etc/mailcap but it has no .ogv entry.

Yeah, likely /etc/mailcap. that is problematic since it depends on the
mime-type which is often wrong in email.  But why bother, just save the
file and start mplayer or vlc from the comand line.

Or tell me what you can handle and I can convert.

> (2) I suspect whatever video player it's reaching is misinstalled.

So many codecs..

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588