gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] enabling IPTOS_LOWDELAY in gpsd

From: Dave Taht
Subject: [gpsd-dev] enabling IPTOS_LOWDELAY in gpsd
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 15:02:56 -0500

I just sent a couple patches to eric to correctly enable IPTOS_LOWDELAY on its
packets. The code was there, but it never pulled in the correct defines and thus
was never enabled. It was also wrong for IPV6.

I am unsure if netinet/ip.h exists on all systems. Please test. (compile, do
a packet capture, see if the dscp field is marked)

I did this because I'd noticed the gps2udp code thread going by and
thought adding
a little packet priority might help, but I did not make this mod to
gps2udp as perhaps
it should use the netlib api instead of what it does today (gaining
ipv6 and classification
support along the way). ECN could also be enabled on udp (dscp | 2).

--
Dave Täht