gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:15:36 +0200

On 22.05.2014 12:33, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden>:
On some arches we have regression test failures:

armel test/daemon/GPSmap-76S.log.chk
kfreebsd-i386 test/daemon/bt451.log.chk
mips test/daemon/et-332.log.chk
powerpc ./test/sample.aivdm.chk
ppc64 ./test/sample.aivdm.chk
s390x test/daemon/haicom-305N.log.chk
sparc ./test/sample.aivdm.chk

Compard with 3.9, the aivdm issues are still the same, but the other failures
are new.
Logs are linked at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=gpsd
in the result column.

I've solved one group of these, a minor build problem on the Hurd.

so now we have two workarounds for that -

commit f2753b6728b1857fa78cc0695cce7dc819db5c51
Author: Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Jan 27 22:11:20 2014 +0100

    Make gpsd build on hurd again.

    IPV6_TCLASS is not defined in socket.h on hurd.

that was mine, which seemed to work, too. Which one should we keep?

It looks like all the AIVDM failures are in in one place - processing
of the trailing binary payload in AIS type 6 in structured messages.
Having stared at the code I now think these regression failures are
spurious and can be banished by zeroing some storage before the
packet parse. I've done that.

Please run another set of tests with the repository head version.

will do.