gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:35:07 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden> writes:

>> I've found another case where scons check doesn't work, but this one isn't
>> repeatable.  It's a 64 bit NetBSD system.  A 32 bit NetBSD box gets the
>> right answer, but it takes a long time.  More info when I've had a chance
>> to poke around.
>
> I'm writing this off as a bug/glitch in NetBSD.
>
> Twice, it's hung when I tried to build/restart ntpd.  Of course, I've done
> that before without troubles, but this time I was running scons check in
> another window.
>
> After a fresh reboot, with nothing else going on, scons check works fine.
> I've run it a dozen times by now with no problems.
>
> Is there anything interesting that scons check does in the way of kernel
> calls?

Probably not your issue, but I have found that scons reads stdin, and
that if you so

  scons check &> OUT.00.check

that scons will hang until it is briefly foregrounded.

But esr's suggestion that pty code may be to blame seems sensible.  It
would help if you could post where the hang happens, and how repeatable
it is.