gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] OS X dropped. How I think about our platform priorities

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] OS X dropped. How I think about our platform priorities
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:25:16 +0100

On 02/18/2015 07:21 PM, address@hidden (Eric S. Raymond) wrote:
> In my opinion it's Android and the embedded deployments like OpenWRT
> that are the really big deal these days. Certainly they completely
> dominate our numbers, with firmware instances literally into the
> billions.
>
> Correspondingly, GPSD on laptop Linux and *BSDs is not as functionally
> important as it used to be.

That is imho not true in times where a default kde installation libgps to
retrieve location information.

So only in Debian we have ~18000 installations of libgps20
https://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=libgps20

and as soon as jessie is released I expect the same numbers for libgps21.
https://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=libgps21