gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons check fail gpsd3.14 ubuntu 14

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons check fail gpsd3.14 ubuntu 14
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:49:14 -0700

>> Shouldn't scons check use libgpsd.so.22.0.0 from the build directory?
> You have to use chrpath=yes for that - this is explained in the build
> instructions.

If scons check really needs chrpath, it should bail with a sensible error
message rather than testing with the wrong library which gives obscure error
messages, or worse, actually works when the new library introduced a bug that
scons check should have uncovered.

I just reread various parts of build.txt.  There are several places that say
run scons check.  I didn't find a place that says you have to have chrpath
installed if you want to run scons check.  There is even a section about how
to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

------

But I thought the plan for no chrpath was for scons check to use the local
libraries and scons install to relink to use wherever they get installed.

How hard would it be to add a switch so scons check could check the post
install code?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.