gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:44:44 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 07:27:02 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> > Did you have up-to-date libraries installed?  If so, it doesn't
> > matter if it used the local or installed copy.  ldd is the right
> > debugging tool.
>
> I generally run without libraries installed, install them only when I
> want to test chrpath-no, and remove them afterwards.  That's what I
> did in this case.

Well, if you are not testing the install process then you are not getting
end-to-end test covereage.  Prolly why we have install problems.

Today git head is better, but still not right.  I need to totally
wipe out my git tree and clone a new one to be able to build a working gpsd.

This does NOT work:

# git pull
# rm -rf .sco*
# rm /usr/local/lib/libgps*
# rm /usr/local/sbin/gpsd
# scons --clean
# scons distclean
# scons --config=force qt=no  && scons install && ldconfig
# /usr/local/sbin/gpsd
/usr/local/sbin/gpsd: error while loading shared libraries: libgpsd.so.22:

I have a working tree with a ton of RFC2783 commits not pushed.  I fear
pushing them whan I can not test them and I do not want to blow them away
to get a working tree.

Anybody got ideas on what I need to delete, that --clean and distclean
are not getting, to get a really clean build?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588