gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Patches in the contrib directory

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Patches in the contrib directory
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:03:04 +0800

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

Deletion reverted, doc patches commited, all pushed.

Thanks, Gary.  Unfortunately, the file now appears to be new, history is lost.  'git blame' now blames you, not Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> :-)

Sanjeev: looking forward to some fixes now!

I had some code that I thought should work (I only plan to change the input parsing, from the "Y" command to a JSON poll), but it turns out I was looking at protocol 3.1, the current protocol (3.10?) does not have a "time" in the SKY class.

I am unable to find (I have grepped and googled) a definitive description of what fields are returned for each class.  gpsd_json.xml dates from 2011; on the other hand, this may be due to something I am doing wrong; or my device is "special", etc.

Does gpsd_json.xml refer to v3.10 of the JSON output?

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane