gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 06:08:16 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> The big problem is esr needs to get 'scons distclean' to call 'scons --clean".
> That will remove a ton of stull.  Until then I now do both at the start of
> a session.

scons --clean removes generated html, so it should now return you to
a state like a clean repo pull except for scons dotfiles.

There's now an 'sconsclean' target that removes scons dotfiles.  So
your scrpt should probably read

scons --clean
scons sconsclean

distclean was misnamed, it only removed test binaries, which scons --clean
did anyway. I have removed it pending discovery of a way to chain clean
actions;  oddly, you can't just call an action generated by env.Clean() and
invoke the cleaning behavior.

When I figure out how to make scons do this I'll write a distclean target
that does --clean followed by sconsclean. I'm going to brace the devs
about this.