gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Regression test failed on fortrex-201.log.chk

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Regression test failed on fortrex-201.log.chk
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:53:35 +0200

Hello,

for some reason, gpsd do not switch  the m8 to u-blox mode.

This is the reason, why this problem occur.

I do not have a nmea0183 v4.1 spec at the hand now, but the u-blox spec says,
that  NMEA0183 v4.1 added a signal id field at the end of the xxGSV  sentence.

For the u-blox m8, you can switch to nmea0183 v4.0 compatibility with the
windows u-center software.

Until gpsd is able to switch a m8 receiver to u-blox mode, we will get a lot of
support requests.

And on the long term, i think, that we can not ignore the new revision 4.1 of
the standard..

Reinhard

-----Original-Nachricht-----