gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Off by a second

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Off by a second
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 13:22:43 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Being off by exactly 1 second, my guess is the GPS forgot to take the leap
> second.  Not much gpsd can do when a GPS fails to know the correct time.

No, it's not a leap-second problem.  That was 8 hours into the new day.  I
just happened to notice because I was looking for quirks that might have been
triggered by the leap second.

Just to check, I power cycled it.  No change.

> If your GPS has not figured out the correct leap second by now you could add
> 1 second to your ntp fudge to mitigate the GPS failure.

That sounds like you don't want to fix it.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.