gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:32:05 -0700

[context is "$GPZDA]

> Skytraq seems to do it last.  Which makes sense ...

I thought ZDA was supposed to be good for timing.  Putting it first would
make it easier to get stable timing if you queue up the whole batch at the
same time. (and that time is consistent from second to second)

I don't remember seeing a device where ZDA was useful.  I suspect most of the
ones I've looked at were low cost and the firmware guys were ticking boxes
rather than making good gear.

Please let us know how it works out with your new toy.  Best test is probably
a scope triggered on PPS.  Watch the serial bits.  Then capture a batch in
software to find the order so you can see where the ZDA is within the batch
on the scope.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.